Tap Yard Re-Opening For Growler Fills and Web Collection
We're pleased to announce a phased re-opening of the Tap Yard. Please read on for more details and bookmark this page for future updates. We will be reviewing these policies daily.
Last Update: 15/05/20
Collections & Growler Fills Are Back
As of today (Friday 15th May) we’re pleased to announce the re-opening of our Tap Yard for:
- Growler fills (including the purchase of new growlers when stocks allow).
- Collection of web orders (placed before 3pm the previous day).
We are not selling any beer in cans/bottles or anything for consumption on-site.
(i.e. Cans and bottles are not available to choose on the day, they are only available via click and collect as outlined above.)
As you may expect, there is significant change in our offering to usual so please read the following information carefully, and get in touch if you have any questions.
Please note we are still offering a full online shop with delivery to your door.
Starting today, the Tap Yard will open:
- Wednesday 3pm – 8pm
- Thursday 3pm - 8pm
- Friday 3pm - 8pm
- Saturday 10am - 2pm
(If there is a queue, cut off time for joining will be 15 minutes before advertised closing time)
Click & Collect
If you're based locally, you can now choose to collect your order from the Tap Yard when you get to the checkout stage on our website. If you order before 3pm, your order will be available to collect from the next working day, within opening times as follows:
Wednesday 3pm – 8pm
Thursday 3pm - 8pm
Friday 3pm - 8pm
Saturday 10am - 2pm
Please do not visit outside of these times, or if you have not received an email advising that your order is ready for collection.
We have implemented a number of procedures to ensure the safety of our staff and customers. Please read the following carefully before visiting:
- Please adhere to all current Government advice, crucially please do not visit if you are feeling unwell.
- We are introducing this service for local customers who are able to visit as part of their normal day-to-day activities, avoiding unnecessary courier shipping.
- We would ask customers to travel alone when at all possible.
- Please allow 2m physical distancing between everyone at all times.
- Only one customer (or household) will be able to enter the Tap Yard at any one time.
- There is a queuing system in place with casks indicating 2m gaps, moving away from the Tap Yard entrance as you look at it from the front.
- Customers can exit the Tap Yard following the marked route on the floor and return safely to cars or walking routes.
- Service is contactless and as such we are accepting card payments only.
- We will rinse and purge growlers but please bring them pre-cleaned. As always, our team reserves the right to refuse filling inappropriate containers.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use in the waiting area.
A Message From Siren
Thank you for all the support, advice and encouragement you have shown us over this time. We’re doing everything we can to find a balance between offering a service that can add value to our customers, while staying in-keeping with current advice and keeping everyone as safe as possible.
Opening in these circumstances, with these procedures and having to communicate in this tone is far from what we all know and love about the Tap Yard and the community that has built around it.
Of course, if you prefer, we are offering a full online ordering and delivery service to your door.
Your understanding is hugely appreciated, we look forward to better times ahead.
DISCOVER OUR OTHER STORIES
- Read More
** 3rd July - UPDATE! **
As pubs and bars are allowed to re-open from July 4th, we caught up the Ten Tun Taphouse to check out their plans. Read the first blog first, or skip...
- Read More
So far in this series we've looked in detail at some of the challenges facing businesses who operate closely with us in the hospitality sector, such as pubs, bars and bottle shops, largely showcasing clever...