Siren / Omnipollo Homebrew Competition 2016
So on to 2016. True to form it's our year to hold the competition, so it's a lucky UK home-brewer who will go on to brew with ourselves and Omnipollo over in Sweden later this year. Format We're keeping it really simple as usual. We're accepting entries until 30th June which will be judged by a tasting panel at Siren (we usually bring in some expert outside help as well). We'll be looking for creative ideas, superb execution but most importantly: great beer. All styles welcome. We'll draw up a shortlist of 5/6 beers that we love and send them over to Henok and Karl at Omnipollo, and then between us we'll pick an ultimate winner. Between both breweries and the competition winner we'll decide what we're going to brew over in Sweden, then we'll take you over to Omnipollo with flights and accommodation all included. You can count on a few beers as well. Requirements
- You must be over 18
- You must be a UK homebrewer
- You can have no connections with a trading brewery
- You can submit up to three entries
- You need to be available to travel to Sweden with us in August to brew a full-batch beer
- Your entry needs to be with us before 30th June 2016
- You need to send us 3 bottles of your beer (330ml bottles upwards)
- You need to include a copy of the brew sheet / recipe
- Ideally you will include some brief notes outlining the inspiration and story behind your brew
Please send your entries to the following address, ensuring that everything is packaged securely for transit: Homebrew Competition Siren Craft Brew Unit 1, Weller Drive Finchampstead Berkshire RG40 4QZ Good luck everyone! We can't wait to see what you come up with.
DISCOVER OUR OTHER STORIES
- Read More
As much as we love the classics, every so often we love to experiment with brewing. With a collaboration planned with our friend, Tiago, formerly of Beavertown and now Head Brewer of Broad & Build...
- Read More
Ever since we were confirmed as the sole provider of beer bars at Down at the Abbey, our intrigue about Reading Abbey Ruins have grown and grown. Many of us at Siren live in Reading, and the Abbey Ruins...