Down at the Abbey
Down At The Abbey is a brand new music festival in the stunning Reading Abbey Ruins.
Tickets - HeavyPop.co.uk
When: Sat 7th September 2019
Where: Reading Abbey Ruins, Reading
From: Heavy Pop Promotions, the team behind the award-winning Are You Listening? Festival
We here at Siren Craft Brew are delighted to be working with the Heavy Pop Promotions team to be providing the bars for the festival.
From the creators of the award-winning Are You Listening? Festival, promoters Heavy Pop are thrilled to announce their brand new festival event Down at the Abbey taking place on Saturday 7th September in the stunning Reading Abbey Ruins.
The first line up announcement includes:
THE WAVE PICTURES
ALDWORTH PHILHARMONIC SOLOISTS
THE AUGUST LIST
THE AMAZING TIGER BAND
DAMIEN A. PASSMORE + DR. J
JESSICA LEE MORGAN
THE KEEP CATS (acoustic)
2 stages of live music
Siren Craft Brew bar and pop-up bars and food stalls
This is an outdoor event. Event subject to license. Line-up subject to change. Proof of age ID may be required.
£29.50 Adult Advance (tier 2), including £2 ticket fee
£17 Child Advance (Ages 11-17)
Child (Ages 10 & Under) – Free (Registration Required)
*All Children must be accompanied by an Adult*
A NEW INDEPENDENT MUSIC FESTIVAL IN THE STUNNING READING ABBEY RUINS
The award-winning team behind Are You Listening? Festival has announced more great acts performing in the stunning Reading Abbey Ruins this September.
Leading the second announcement is the prodigiously talented folk songstress Kathryn Joseph. Winner of Scottish Album Of The Year award for her debut album, Joseph has drawn comparisons to Joanna Newsome and Björk with her otherworldly music. Having recently released her second album on Mogwai’s Rock Action Records to critical acclaim, Joseph was handpicked to perform at Robert Smith’s Meltdown Festival and The Cure’s British Summer Time show and returns to Reading having sold out her Reading show earlier this year.
Reading’s Electro-blues livewires Vienna Ditto are also getting back together for Down At The Abbey. Stalwarts of the UK DIY music scene for more than 10 years and much loved by Radio 1’s Huw Stephens, Vienna Ditto decided to take a break in 2018. Now having fully re-charged, the ramshackle noise ‘n’ soul two-piece return for their exclusive come back show in the historical abbey ruins.
Oxford’s country blues powerhouse The August List will perform too. The husband and wife duo’s raw and moody Americana has drawn comparisons to The White Stripes and is guaranteed to get boots stomping in September. Local folkie Jessica Lee Morgan has also been added to the bill. The daughter of super-producer Toni Visconti and folk legend Mary Hopkin, Morgan toured as a part of the David Bowie tribute Holy Holy, as well as making her own beautiful folk.
Already announced to play the historic medieval ruins are live-wire piano maestro and festival headliner BC Camplight; Moshi Moshi Records signed indie stalwarts The Wave Pictures; previous 6 Music ‘Album Of The Year’ rocker Tom Williams; local party starters Saltwater Sun and piano pop-ers Ever Hazel. More acts are still to be announced across the two festival stages.
The award-winning Siren Craft Brew will be running the main Festival Bar, and there will be a number of pop-up bars and mouth-watering food stalls to please festival goers on the day.
Reading Abbey Ruins is a venue like no other. King Henry I started the construction of Reading Abbey in 1121 and once built, the great royal abbey was one of the largest monasteries in Europe for some 400 years, housing monks and religious relics including the hand of St James. In 1539, on the orders of King Henry VIII, Reading Abbey was destroyed, the monks were banished, and the Abbot was executed.
In recent years, the Grade 1 Listed ruins sit beside the famous Reading Gaol and have undergone a £3 million renovation, re-opening to the public in June 2018. The independent team behind Down At The Abbey are extremely excited to launch their brand new festival in this truly unique and historical space in the heart of Reading.
- The promoter is: Siren Craft Brew & Down at the Abbey Festival
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Siren Craft Brew & Heavy Pop Promotions and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisations.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via Facebook:
- Only one entry will be accepted per person.
- Closing date for entry will be August 31st 2019. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: Tag the friends you'd like to take to Down at the Abbey festival on this post: https://www.facebook.com/SirenCraftBrew/photos/a.409390809178385/2352406698210110 - Tags made on any subsequent shares of the post will not count as entries.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The prize is as follows: 2 free tickets to the Down at the Abbey festival, 12 pack of Siren Craft Brew beers (to be selected by Siren Craft Brew) and a Siren Craft Brew goodie bag of merchandise.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random using https://commentpicker.com/ by Siren Craft Brew - the decision is final.
- The winner will be notified by a reply to the comment and a Facebook DM (if possible) on September 1st 2019. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 2 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
- : 16:24 24 February 2023
Siren 10th Anniversary PartiesRead More
As you'd expect, the anniversary celebrations won't just be here at Siren. We're having parties and events all over the country, so check back here to find somewhere near to you!
- event : 00:00 15 October 2018
Nicholson's ShowcaseRead More
Siren Craft Brew and Nicholson’s will be teaming up over 3 weeks in October to showcase an awesome selection of modern cask beer.
From the 15th October, all 66 Nichsolon’s pubs up...
- : 18:00 3 November 2018
Halloween Warehouse PartyRead More
Join us for a night of classic Halloween tracks in our spooky warehouse of terror. We’ll have a pop-up bar with some rare gems and old favourites, fancy dress competition, face painting, and plenty...
- : 19:00 30 October 2018
Crowdfunding Q&A RoadshowRead More
Join Siren founder, Darron Anley, to get your crowdfunding questions answered whilst enjoying a host of great Siren beers!