Careers with Siren Craft Brew
What's your calling? Join our team of dedicated craft beer fanatics.
Careers with Siren Craft Brew
We’re always on the look out for talented people who share our passion for great beer to come and join us in Berkshire. Since opening in 2013, we were voted 2nd Best New Brewery in the World by Ratebeer.com followed by Best UK Brewer in 2014, so have been working a fast pace to keep up with demand for our beers.
With growth and expansion it is now time for us to add to our strong team at the brewery, here are some of the vacancies we are currently looking to fill:
- Production Manager / Head BrewerApply
Siren Craft Brew was founded in 2013 and has since become a leading independent brewery with a formidable reputation for brewing uncompromising, flavour-forward beers. Freshly awarded Supreme Champion Beer of Britain (CAMRA) & Top 100 Brewer in the World (Ratebeer) - we’re now looking for a highly skilled Production Manager to take the reigns of the brewery in an exciting stage of our journey.
This is a high level appointment in an integral position, covering all elements of the brewing process from product strategy through to recipe design, ingredient sourcing through and ongoing quality control. You must be determined to brew exciting, flavoursome, world-class beers and lead a passionate production team to make that happen.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead on recipe design and product development
• Implement and continuously improve our quality control procedures to ensure our beers exceed expectations
• Optimise output and advise on new equipment specifications
• Ensure information and data is recorded and shared with appropriate stakeholders
• Work with operations to ensure the very best ingredients are sourced in good time
• Guide, train and support our growing production team
• Create and maintain a safe and clean environment inline with compliance requirements
• Report on brewing performance through agreed KPIs
• Work alongside the management team to execute our product strategy
• Represent the company at events at home and abroad
Skills & Experience Required
• Educated to Degree level in Brewing & Distilling MSC or equivalent
• Demonstrable proven experience of production management (at least 5 years in the industry)
• Strong knowledge of brewing a variety of beer styles
• Experience in barrel ageing and wild fermentation~
• Exceptional time management, planning, prioritisation and multitasking ability
• Ability to manage, support, inspire and develop our talented production team
• Flexible, adaptable and excellent problem solver
• Demonstrable passion for our brand with the confidence to express this to our customers
Please apply with a CV and Covering Letter.
- Tap Yard General ManagerApply
Siren Craft Brew is a young, fast-growing and independent brewery that has been in production since early 2013. Since brewing commenced, we’ve picked up numerous awards including Best Brewery in England 2014 (Ratebeer) and Champion Beer of Britain in 2018 (CAMRA).
This is a great opportunity to join a young business in a fun and dynamic start-up environment. You’ll need to be pro-active, passionate and flexible, and in return will have the opportunity to really make the role your own whilst working with a fantastic community of beer lovers.
We are on the look for a proactive beer aficionado to help us manage our Tap Yard - the tasting room and bottle shop on-site at the brewery in Finchampstead. It’s got off to a flying start, now we’re looking for someone to help us step it up to the next level. The Tap Yard is the frontline of what we do, serving brewery-fresh beer and running some of the most exciting events in the beer scene. We envisage this role evolving over time with opportunities for key involvement in future projects and Tap Yard developments.
• Day-to-day running of the Tap Yard and open/close procedures
• Manage and grow a dedicated team including training and shift-planning
• Oversee cellar maintenance and quality standards
• Manage stock and commercials with regular reporting
• Work with the management team to assess and implement new offerings
• Drive the planning and execution of events
• Demonstrable passion for beer and customer service
• Previous management experience in a similar environment
• Desire to keep learning and inspire the team and customers
• Proactive attitude to drive the Tap Yard forward and explore new opportunities
• Flexible and always willing to go the extra mile
• People person with a strong community focus
Working Hours - Full Time (Includes Weekends)
Salary - Dependent on Experience
Further benefits include a generous discount scheme, beery staff perks, extensive training, pension and the opportunity to be involved with an exciting, high-potential project from an early stage.
Please apply with a CV & Covering letter, outlining why you are the best person for the job.
- Tap Yard Team MemberApply
Siren Craft Brew was born in 2013 with a simple idea in mind: to introduce exciting, full-ﬂavoured and forward-thinking beers to as many people as possible. As part of that mission, we recently opened a tasting room and retail shop on-site at our brewery in Finchampstead so that visitors can drink our beer as fresh as possible. We are now looking for passionate and knowledgeable new bar staff to keep up the momentum!
These are early stages in our journey and we are on the lookout for someone with a friendly, proactive attitude and great customer service skills who can implement high standards and help us develop the Tap Room into a focal point of the local community. We want this to be a destination for craft beer lovers both locally and from afar.
The role will start with around 8-12 hours per week on Saturdays but with the possibility to grow into more hours in the near future, covering other days if needed/available. The Tap Room is based at our brewery in Finchampstead so this is the perfect opportunity for a beer lover to be close to all the action. We will be running events throughout the year, so there will be opportunities for extra hours and the option to attend some of the best beer events on the calendar.
Main duties will include:
• Serving and assisting customers (on and off sales)
• Educating customers about our beer and philosophy
• Following opening and closing procedures and best practices
• Assisting with festivals and other events where possible
Experience is preferred but more important is a demonstrable passion and enthusiasm for what we do. This is a great opportunity for a foot in the door with one of the countries top Craft Breweries.
We are looking to bring people in as soon as possible. We offer a generous discount scheme, staff perks, extensive training and the opportunity to be involved with an exciting, high-potential project from an early stage.
Apply with a CV & Covering Letter.
- Warehouse OperativeApply
Siren Craft Brew is a young, independent brewery established in early 2013. Since then we have picked up numerous awards including being voted 2nd Best New Brewery in the World in 2013, the Best Brewery in England 2014 and have held a place in the top 100 Brewers in the world since our inception. We also won Champion Beer of Britain in 2018 for our Breakfast Stout, Broken Dream.
With continued growth and expansion we are looking to add to our strong team at the brewery. We are looking for an energetic Warehouse Operative with a can-do attitude to help us ship our beer to thirsty customers throughout the UK and worldwide.
As a Warehouse Operative for Siren Craft Brew you will be responsible for the accurate picking and shipping of our beer to our thirsty customers via our own delivery vans and also pallet shipments including international exports. The candidate should be able to work to a high standard and follow company procedures and complete all required paperwork where required. You must be capable of lifting heavy weights and be prepared to work in a cold store environment when handling stock. Forklift experience and a licence would be of benefit, but not essential as training can be provided. A full UK clean driving licence would also be beneficial.
Applicants with a C1 7.5 tonne licence would be an advantage
Benefits include a company pension, monthly HonestBrew bank contributions to pick up any awesome beers you fancy, a generous team discount scheme and the chance to attend some of the world’s best beer festivals and events.
If you think you have what it takes to join one of the UK's most exciting breweries, then please send in a cover letter stating why along with a copy of your CV.
Siren Craft Brew Ltd
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.50 /hour