Careers with Siren Craft Brew
What's your calling? Join our team of dedicated craft beer fanatics.
Careers with Siren Craft Brew
We’re always on the look out for talented people who share our passion for great beer to come and join us in Berkshire. Since opening in 2013, we were voted 2nd Best New Brewery in the World by Ratebeer.com followed by Best UK Brewer in 2014, so have been working a fast pace to keep up with demand for our beers.
With growth and expansion we are often adding to our strong team at the brewery, any vacancies will be posted here.
- Canning Line OperatorApply
Siren is an internationally renowned brewery which has shown significant growth even through 2020. The brewery is known for an interesting and high quality portfolio of flagship beers, but perhaps even more so for the playful and innovative collaborations and small batch releases which are never afraid to challenge preconceptions.
We are looking for a driven, passionate and ambitious person to join our packaging team, ensuring that fresh beer continues to flow through the brewery with the best possible standards.
This is a great opportunity to join a young business in a fun and dynamic environment. You will need to show you are flexible, hard-working and have a track record in pressured environments.
This is a full time role based in Finchampstead.
· Ensure beer is packaged to specification which includes record keeping, weights and measures, DO, TPO and CO2 reading
· Understanding of food hygiene standards and keeping packaging area and equipment to the highest standards
· Perform package size and format changes within specific parameters for various machines
· Update and follow checklists to ensure all tasks are performed for specific operations and are communicated to the rest of the team
· Create and update SOPs for new and existing machines and processes
· Move pallets, packaging supplies and packaged product with pallet/forklift trucks
· Manage stock in a warehouse and have good organisation with regards to stock rotation and stock management
· Stocktaking of raw materials, packaging supplies and spare parts
· Ordering of raw materials and packaging supplies from suppliers and managing delivery schedule to fit in with production schedules
· Help to manage supplier relationships where required
Experience & Skills Required
· Experience running a packaging line for both bottles and cans. This may ideally include de-palletisers, fillers, conveyors systems, labelling machines, date coding printers and boxing machines.
· Good communication skills with manager and packaging team. Also having the ability to communicate across production teams when required
· Engage in working safely and experience with working with cleaning chemicals safely
· Good admin skills, keeping records and paperwork up to date
· Be fit and able to lift and move 25kg
· Be able to demonstrate you care about getting it right first time
· Competent with Microsoft Office suite of programs
Siren Craft Brew is an exciting place to work, we’re a small but tenacious team of beer evangelists passionate and proud about what we do. Benefits include company pension scheme, generous employee discount and the opportunity to attend some of the best food & drink events in the country - perhaps in 2022, anyway.
If you feel you have the skills and experience and this role excites you, please send your CV with a covering letter outlining why you’re the right person for the job.
- Development Head Chef (George & Dragon)Apply
Following on from the acquisition of our first country pub in 2021, planning is well under way for the future of Siren Country Pubs.
Siren Craft Brew is well known, not only for having a diverse and high-quality range of flagship beers, but our collaborations and small batch releases show off our creativity and passion.
We are looking for an individual who shares the same passion for food that we do for beer. This role isn’t an ordinary head chef position – we are looking for a creatively minded individual, with proven leadership skills and an ambition to drive the business forward.
· Creation of food menu
· Working with local suppliers for seasonal specials
· Recruitment and Development of kitchen team
· Labour analysis and control for BOH
· Implementation of weekly/biweekly stock takes
· Experience of recipe building and costing
· Compliance with food safety, labour, and employment laws
· Demonstrate 3+ years at head chef level (fresh food kitchen preferred)
· Outstanding attention to detail
· Ability to create, drive and improve food standards
· Positive attitude towards every service
· Experience in kitchen team development and coaching
· High standards of food hygiene
· Ability to adapt to the constant challenges of hospitality
· High level of professionalism
· Ability to share our vision for the future of the business
50% discount Siren Craft Brewery
Access to discount at Siren Country Pubs
28 days of Annual Leave
Development opportunities as we grow
10% annual bonus (KPI dependant)
Company Pension Scheme
Exciting social events
In order to be considered for this role, please submit a cover letter alongside your CV.
- Internal Sales ExecutiveApply
We are looking for a driven, passionate person to join our sales team. You will have direct responsibility managing our valued direct customers as well as for increasing sales through both new and existing customer relationships.
This is a great opportunity to join a young business in a fun and dynamic environment. You will need to show you are flexible, hard-working and have a track record in sales along with a knowledge and passion for craft beer.
This role is an entry level sales position with a clear 2 year plan to develop the right candidate’s sales career with a goal of growing into a territory as an Regional Sales Manager upon completion of development goals.
The position will be office based at our brewery in Finchampstead, Berkshire.
· Managing our direct delivery customer orders.
· Developing and building relationships with new and existing accounts.
· Identify and execute upsell opportunities.
· Prospect new accounts and territories via telephone.
· Develop and maintain strong positive relations with all customers.
· Deliver outstanding customer service.
· Complete necessary reporting, maintain sales & personal development goals.
· An understanding of and passion for craft beer.
· Lots of initiative & the ability to think on your feet.
· Confidence, wiliness to pick up the phone and complete daily call targets.
· Proven analytical skills and understanding of syndicated data.
· Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (internal and external stakeholders)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals with a minimum of direction.
We are offering an attractive package of salary and bonus. If you think this is you, then send us your CV with a covering letter explaining why you want to work at Siren.
- Tap Room / Retail AssistantApply
Siren Craft Brew was born in 2013 with a simple idea in mind: to introduce exciting, full-ﬂavoured and forward-thinking beers to as many people as possible. As part of that mission, we offer our beer as fresh as possible - direct from the source through our on-site tasting room and web shop.
We are on the lookout for people with a friendly, proactive attitude and a passion for customer experience to join our small, committed team in delivering the highest possible standards of service to our beer-loving community. This area of the business is agile and responsibilities varied.
Main duties will include:
• Serving and assisting customers (on and off sales)
• Educating customers about our beer and philosophy
• Assisting with festivals and other events where and when possible
• Preparing web orders and customer collections
You will need to:
• Effectively communicate with customers and co-workers
• Be flexible (available shifts could vary and the Tap Yard opens on Saturdays)
• Take pride in your work with great attention to detail
• Experience is preferred but more important is the willingness to learn and genuine enthusiasm for hospitality, community, craft beer or a combination
We are looking to bring people in as soon as possible. We offer a generous discount scheme, staff perks, extensive training and the opportunity to be involved with an exciting, high-potential project from an early stage.
Please apply with a CV & Covering Letter to General Manager, Jess.