Tap Yard: New Hours, New Faces & A CASK
Extended Opening Hours
If you’re looking for the first taste of our new launches, or just to enjoy our core range with other like minded folks then you should look no further than a visit to the Tap Yard, at our warehouse and barrel store in Finchampstead. Since we opened back in December last year, the Tap Yard has proven to be a popular hang out on Fridays and Saturdays, so we’ve decided to add an extra day and an extra hour to the week. Yep, the Tap Yard is now open on Thursdays from 12 till 8 pm and we’re staying open till 8pm every Saturday too. That makes our official hours:
- Every Thursday 12:00 - 20:00
- Every Friday 12:00 - 20:00
- Every Saturday 12:00 - 20:00
Thanks to all of our fantastic regulars and supporters that have travelled cross-country to reach us. Your support has been amazing and it’s allowing us to fast-track our plans. We’re launching the new Thursday hours this coming Easter weekend. After all, Friday is a bank holiday so I think we’ll all be up for a few beers on Thursday night!
Easter Weekend Lineup
This weekend there will be some exciting new things waiting for you in the Tap Yard. On tap we’ll have some new releases, comeback kings, stock favourites and as an extra special treat, we’ll have the one and only cask of Barrel Aged Shattered Dream! When that one is gone, it’s gone; so get down early! The starting line up looks like this:
- Lumino - Brewed specially for Hop City 2018 in Leeds, The Tap Yard will be the only other place to try out this 4.5% Session IPA. FIRST POUR.
- Beast from the East - It’s snowing hops in Finchampstead! This 11% triple IPA in collaboration with Flying Couch has a warm spice to it and is packed full of hops. Simultaneously launching at Hop City. FIRST POUR.
- Limoncello IPA (Fifth Anniversary Edition) - This former favourite, in collaboration with Hill Farmstead, is back as part of our 5th anniversary celebrations. It’s fruity, zesty, full of lemon and refreshing as they come. 9.1%
- Undercurrent - A 4.5% pale ale with spicy, grassy aromas and a taste of grapefruit and apricot
- Wilde Geest - 7.2% Brett NEIPA in collaboration with Wiper & True
- Santo - An offshoot of the Rainbow Project, this 5% double dry hopped lager is crisp and refreshing with just enough hops.
- Liquid Mistress - A 5.8% West Coast bright red ale with flavours of burnt raisins and crackers balanced by citrus
- Broken Dream - A 6.5% Breakfast Stout with a gentle touch of smoke, chocolate and coffee
- Bourbon Milkshake - A Big 11% Bourbon Barrel Aged Milk Stout. (Probably) the last ever keg.
- Barrel Aged Shattered Dream ( ON CASK) - A very limited edition of Banyuls and Bourbon barrel aged Shattered Dream. 10.9% ABV.
There are even more surprises waiting in store for when these beers kick, but you'll have to wait and see.
Our new 1 and 2 litre Growlers are now available from The Tap Yard. Each Growler purchase includes 50% off your first fill of any Siren beer up to 8.5%. That could mean getting 2 litres of fresh Caribbean Chocolate Cake to drink at home for just £14! These growlers are black powder-coated stainless steel designed to keep the beer as fresh as possible. We've etched out our signature style to reveal the silver, keeping the natural grain of the metal. We're really proud of how they turned out, and hope you get many years of pleasure using them! For those that can't make the trip, you can also buy them online.
In charge of making sure your Tap Yard experience is as good as it can be is our new Tap Yard General Manager, Matt. Matt comes from a beer-led pub and bar background, indeed local followers may know him already from stand out stints at the The Greyfriar, The Fox and Hounds and The Fisherman’s Cottage in Reading. Matt has done a great job in introducing our beers to local customers before and brings with him a wealth of experience in cellar management and customer service, so we’re confident he’ll be a popular face among our team and visitors alike. Matt says that he hopes to encourage people to try new and different styles of beer, and to help them experience beer in a friendly, welcoming and comfortable environment. Along with having the honour of tapping the very first cask in the Tap Yard, Matt’s pick for the weekend is Lumino. This was especially brewed to launch at Hop City 2018 in Leeds, but of course we'll have one or two kegs here as well!
Brewery Tours & Tastings
We have a few limited slots on our incredibly popular Brewery Tours & Tastings available. Each tour includes an introduction to the brewing process, talks through the equipment we use and the stories behind our most loved beers. You’ll finish up in the Tap Yard for a sample of 4 fresh beers, straight from the source. Click here for the current available dates. Places are limited and get snapped up quick!
How to reach us
If you are planning on visiting us this Easter Weekend, there are several options for getting to the Tap Yard. Driving We have plenty of parking on site and we’re easy to find using a Sat Nav. As you enter the Industrial Estate, you will make a left turn rather than veer round to the right, then a right hand turn further up. We can be found at the end of that road, on the left. You’ll see a Black sign with white “SIREN CRAFT BREW” text pointing you into our car park. If this is full, feel free to overflow to the nearby car parks on the right. Make sure whoever is driving is designated not to drink. If you are driving, grab a Growler to take some fresh beer home! The address for your sat nav is: Siren Craft Brew Marino Way Finchampstead Hogwood Industrial Estate Wokingham RG40 4RF Train The nearest train station is Wokingham (4.4 miles). You can get taxis from here or take the Leopard 3. Bus We recommend using the Reading Buses Leopard 3 service to reach Hogwood Lane Industrial Estate. Single/Returns prices are as follows: From Bracknell: £4.20 / £5. From Wokingham: £3.50 / £5. From Reading: £4 / £6 Group (up to 4): £10 (During our opening hours) . The bus stops are just a short walk from the front of the Hogwood Lane Industrial Estate. For further information, check the Reading Buses Map and Reading Buses Timetables.
Thanks all, if you have any questions prior to your visit, please contact us.
DISCOVER OUR OTHER STORIES
- Read More
Without them, none of us would be here. You wouldn’t be reading this blog, I wouldn’t have written it, this website wouldn’t exist and we’d...